We are looking someone to take on the Role of Office Manager.
About the Role
This role covers many aspects required to ensure the office runs on a day to day basis. The primary responsibility is ensuring courses sold are implemented correctly and professionally. However there are many other administration and organisational aspects this person will be responsible for. We anticipate this person will have a more junior administrator to help out for approximately 2 days a week, but this hire has not been made at this point in time.
We are a small company based near Hungerford. The majority of the courses we sell are run in the UK, but as we sell to major global electronics companies we are often requested to deliver our courses abroad and are prepared to deliver world-wide.
Our Sales team have to date been largely office based, managing accounts through telephone contact. We are developing the sales team to become more field based and this will give a sales support role to this position – managing their travel and supporting their customers in their absence. There is the potential for the successful candidate to also do some selling of public course places for the sales team.
Description of tasks in more detail:
- Control diary of lecturers and equipment
- Confirm course and joining instructions with customers
- Gather all Training Need Assessments from Customers
- Liaise with customers regarding course requirements – general and computer requirements
- Liaise with course venue for public courses
- Book flights and accommodation for lecturers as required
- Order manuals for the course
- Upload manual files to remote server for printing if required
- Configuration of laptops for public courses (done by script, do not need to be an IT specialist)
- Ship and track hardware and laptops sent out for training
- Ensure return of hardware and laptops via couriers
- Print course certificates, feedback forms, etc
- Send all course and travel information to lecturer
- Setting up of online pre -course assessments when required
- Log all attendees in company contacts database (ACT! CRM system)
- If able to, reconfigure laptops between courses
- Scan feedback forms
- Where required set-up post course assessments
- Prepare report on pre and post course results when required
- File course folder for future reference
- Set-up users in Moodle pre course
- Set-up and amend users post course
- Provide real-time support as they take their post course test
- Collate results and produce reports for the Sales Team
- Raise invoices
- Raise purchase orders for external lecturers
- Log payments received
- Chase outstanding payments
- Sorting and filing of bills for accountant
- Collection of expense claims and credit card bill receipts from trainers
- Answering the telephone
- Opening the post
- General filing
- Ordering of stationary
- General tidying and organisation of stationary and training equipment
- Liaison with outside services
- Phone companies
- Phone answer service
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Ensuring adherence of office to health and safety regulations
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
- Interfacing to externals IT company who manage our network
- Employment of temporary staff if required at peak times
- Web-site updates
- Assistance in printing and design of marketing literature
- Proof reading
- Potential help with event organisation – currently only attending organised events, but we’d like to run our own once a year
- Use of the companies on-line e-marketing tool to help with email campaigns
- Handling of postal mail-shot returns
For some customers we assess the knowledge of their delegates before and after the courses they take. This is done using a Moodle system
Accounts Assistance (using Quickbooks)
We are hopefully going to move to a different unit on the same business park in the New Year. We would need the Office Manager to take a key role in this move.
The office Manager is typically the office First Aider – training provided.
Ideally a candidate for this position will be degree educated, but we will consider you if you are an experienced non-graduate.
Experience of working in an office is essential. Candidates’ must be computer literate.
Candidates will need to show evidence of the following skills and personal qualities:
- good oral and written communication skills
- excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- good time management and organisational skills
- leadership ability
- confidence and resilience
- problem-solving skills
- project management ability
- pay attention to detail
- ability to plan and prioritise, including good forward planning skills
Candidates will also need to demonstrate good team-working and management skills.
The role, in many respects is a self-managing role. The individual must be able to not only motivate and schedule their own work, but also positively contribute to the company by suggesting new ideas, new processes, etc.
Adaptability and flexibility
Although we have well thought out procedures for the delivery of our training, we do not operate in a perfect world and have many cases that “break the norm” – customised material, difficult shipping requirements, third party involvement etc. The Office manager must be adaptable and be able to take control if exceptional circumstances occur.
The strength of my Client is founded on the relationships between its staff. The ability to interact with others with humour and good spirits, even when under pressure, is essential.
Our offices are rural and applicants must have their own transport as we are not accessible by public transport.
On the first day of a training course the Office Manager must be at their desk and ready to work by 8.30am to offer support to lecturers and delegates. Other days of the week, start times may vary.
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be offered:
- A competitive salary
- Pension contributions to a private pension after 6 months
- Private health care after 3 month
- 25 days a year holiday