Welder/production/factory operative is required for a company in Andover. You will be responsible for fabrication, assembly and preparation of the products as directed by the factory manager. You will ensure a constant flow of correct and quality work is produced daily and in accordance with the needs of the business. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate quality and quantity control of goods. You will ensure effective processes are followed to meet customer orders and requirements in a satisfactory time frame.
- Fabrication of products according to company specifications
- Assemble, paint and dispatch various products as per job instructions, directions of supervisor and customer sales orders
- Carry out necessary checks and quality assurance of products as per specifications
- Communicate with the supervisor regarding any parts/fabrication discrepancies, which needs to be rectified immediately
- Maintain stock levels on shelves as directed by supervisor
- Provide training and assistance to other team members as requested or required
- Keep workshop area including floor clean and tidy and in safe working condition
- To ensure compliance of the company policies and legislation
- To ensure flexibility to the needs of production to meet delivery in full on time to the customers
- To assume other duties as required from time to time as requested
Key performance indicators:
Performance will be considered satisfactory when:
- 100% objectives are completed by agreed deadlines
- All scheduled work allocated have complete paperwork and documentation prior to commencing new jobs
- Fabrication/productivity outputs are achieved 100% and/or exceeded according to agreed standards within set times and deadlines
- Material rejects and waste no greater than necessary
- Fabrication/production areas are cleaned on a regular basis and are hazard free at all times
- Perform all allocated tasks and special projects to 100% satisfaction as requested by the management team.
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven fabrication/mechanical experience skills or qualification
- Able to lift pack
- Ability to read drawings, job specifications and instructions
- Basis computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, I look forward to receiving your CV.